Wacky Words of WineSense

Interested in a review, got a comment or question? EMAIL Us!

Sip, pour, get me some more.

Learn more about Ms. WackSense (Christina Julian) at christinajulian.com

Terra Valentine Forever Has My Heart

I was lucky enough to squeak into 2009's last CHEERS to Taste (the hospitality arm behind CHEERS St. Helena) function at Terra Valentine. These folks get the meaning behind "the season of giving." They gave all night long, starting with a sparkling moonlight view of the valley below and continuing by hosting a bounty of cheer-givers including (all served up gourmet edibles) Go Fish, Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen, Martini House, Meadowood and private chef Christopher Greenwald, of Bay Laurel Culinary, as well as the sweet and soulful sounds of former CHEERS! cohort, Doug Streblow, but it was the wine itself that was the most sparkly star of all. There is so much to comment on, but I must widdle it down to a few of my favorites. I almost lost track, there were so many vinos to choose from. It was borderline confusing and most definitely enthralling as they poured wine all over the place and out of a bounty of nooks and crannies through the maze of a winery, which only added to the fun. The 2008 Russian River Viognier was light and fruity yet oh so satisfying, a sweet opening to an otherwise heady night. There was the 2007 Amore, Sangiovese, a super Tuscan style wine that I loved almost as much as the town itself. This darling was as divine as it was deep, a welcome surprise. Fruity and slick on the finish with an ever so slight trace of spice. I could go on forever but I’m running low on time so I will close with my passion for the 2006 Wurtele Single-Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, while it is single vineyard, this wine will never be lonely, not with the deep cheery fruit tendencies and smooth yet bold finish. Who needs men when you can drink a wine like this? This winery is one Valentine worth celebrating, day after day, year after year. So get your butt up Spring Mountain for the sole pleasure of the damn fine wine and equally awesome view. Terra Valentine, won’t you please, please, please be my Valentine this year? Wacky WineSense Rating: 4.8 Grapes!

No comments:

Post a Comment