Wacky Words of WineSense

Interested in a review, got a comment or question? EMAIL Us!

Sip, pour, get me some more.

Learn more about Ms. WackSense (Christina Julian) at christinajulian.com

Jumpin for Joey Phelps Wines

Ok, perhaps Joey is too informal for this classy winery and its oh so heavenly wines. I have been a bad girl these past few weeks, since it has been way too long in between blog posts. Hopefully Santa is not watching, it’s the holiday season, and this scribe is behind on just about everything, so forgive me I have “zinned” onto the wine! I can’t say enough about this vino, so I will settle by saying a few very short and sweet things. I could draft a very long holiday list for these guys, because their wines have been very good to me, take note St. Nick. I can’t list everything so boiling it down like only I can never seem to do (New Years resolution, type less, say more!)... Insigna – the flagship Bordeaux blend instantly lulled me back to my fine days in France where I romped about the wine country on a scooter thinking I had died and gone to an Irish Catholic’s heaven (where wine bottles dance in the background). This hefty red was nothing short of a religious experience for me, but oh so much better than church. Robust in all the right places and smooth in the others, a mouthful that I never wanted to end. I buttoned up my gluttonous wine tasting experience with the Eisrebe, a vivid, lush, pineapple bomb of a desert wine, though not nearly as sweet as you would expect which was why it was so damn refreshing. I literally slurped the entire glass down and licked the inside of my glass. It was one of the best unexpected presents of my wine season. Let the reindeer games never end! Wacky WineSense Rating: 5 grapes for both!

No comments:

Post a Comment