Wacky Words of WineSense

Interested in a review, got a comment or question? EMAIL Us!

Sip, pour, get me some more.

Learn more about Ms. WackSense (Christina Julian) at christinajulian.com

Finally, a Pinot that I didn’t want to Poo-Poo!

I will admit that as soon as everybody became bitten by the Pinot bug I became instantly, not. I never like to give into trends and in the case of the softer gentler varietal, Pinot never floated my wine boat. I know I will get shot and put out of business for saying this but I like to be honest so I will say it and risk banishment. Most Pinots, to me, taste like cough syrup. Even the good ones, until an unlikely chance encounter with a dandy little Peirson Meyer Pinot changed my mind. This baby was downright bawdy with layer after layer of bold berry flavor, not to mention what I could only call a sweet smoky essence that reminded me of toasted marshmallows at summer camp. This vino had a consistency that was light on the outside and hefty in the middle. Half the time I don’t even know what I’m talking about, but wine does that to me. It brings about change that you never thought was possible. I can finally understand a little bit of all the fuss that the bus full of Pinot people are always partying about. Some things, when done differently and right can make even the most cynical, believers. There is now a place on my palate for Pinot, when it’s brought to me by the fine folks at Peirson Meyer, until then I will wait impatiently for another worthy Pinot to step up to the plate. Wacky WineSense Rating: 4.5 Grapes!

No comments:

Post a Comment