Wacky Words of WineSense

Interested in a review, got a comment or question? EMAIL Us!

Sip, pour, get me some more.

Learn more about Ms. WackSense (Christina Julian) at christinajulian.com

Christmas Came Early this Year with Cavus Wines

I had the jolly good fortune of stumbling into one of Acme Wines Fun Friday Tastings. I was immediately consumed by the Cavus Vineyard Cabs that were being poured. A bounty of superior and slurp worthy wines. I spent the evening bouncing back and forth between their 2004 and 2005 Cabs. One minute I was the biggest fan of the 05 and then seconds later I was sucked into a savory wine oblivion by the 04. The 04 is the heftier of the two with deep dark fruit tendencies and a touch of spice while being oh so smooth. The 05 was super strong and tasty too with quite a bit of heft but in a totally different way. A slick and serene style bounding with a fruity berry-licious bang. In the end I came to only one conclusion: the owners and wine maker of this fine boutique winery make damn good vino in a new fashioned way. One that is all about enjoying life and drinking stellar wine in the here and now. I will drink to that, especially if my glass if full of Cavus. Wacky WineSense Rating: 4.9 Grapes!

No comments:

Post a Comment