Wacky Words of WineSense

Interested in a review, got a comment or question? EMAIL Us!

Sip, pour, get me some more.

Learn more about Ms. WackSense (Christina Julian) at christinajulian.com

Smashed sandwiches and salty sweets

I’ve found that securing a worthy sandwich is not as easy as one might think. Having trolled the streets one too many times I finally found a delight worth talking about. Scoring one of these babies, the BBQ chicken sandwich at Oakville Grocery is going to require some effort, jockeying a place in line on a weekend afternoon is nothing short of sapping, so call ahead and avoid the hassle, though, I can honestly say the approximately 30 minute wait (peak lunch hour) is truly worth the wait. I can’t explain why the simple ingredients of grilled sliced chicken, pepper jack cheese, and a tangy tasty sauce squashed between homemade baguette bread and pressed until the contents pop out through the sides taste so damn good, but it does. I repeatedly smacked my lips together trying to glean every last morsel that might have gotten wedged between my teeth and tongue. Sure, I looked retarded but it wss worth the exercise to get one more shard of this killer sandwich. Top off this pocketful of pleasure by scooping up a handful of the store’s homemade sea salt caramels. Buttery but light with sea salt in every bite. Candy need not be for kids alone, especially these little wrapped suckers of sticky goodness. And to prove my commitment to these grocery goods, I make the trek from Calistoga to Oakville in the dead of Napa Valley’s version of traffic to get this pressed concoction just about every week. Wacky WineSense rating: 4.75 Grapes!

No comments:

Post a Comment