Wacky Words of WineSense

Interested in a review, got a comment or question? EMAIL Us!

Sip, pour, get me some more.

Learn more about Ms. WackSense (Christina Julian) at christinajulian.com

Best in Show at September’s CHEERS! St. Helena

On the first Saturday of every month I wake up feeling foggy and fine all at the same time. Mainly because I got to partake in a bounty of fun – from fabulous wine, titillating food, bopping music, and impulse shopping, all in the comfort of my own neighborhood. It’s the wine country’s version of the American Dream, and I’m here to tell you it’s a good one. Sadly, all things come to an end and September’s CHEERS! marks the end of this era of fun Fridays. While there is one more CHEERS! social in October, it will be more understated, mainly because it will be inside, as opposed to the blocked street varietal we’ve become accustomed to. But fear not, it will surely send off the series in style nonetheless. But enough boo-hooing, onto my wrap up! That marching band certainly made an entrance. It also told me that anything is possible in St. Helena, if you want it bad enough. Despite trying to throw myself into the band to relive my youth, they weren’t having it, which was probably for the best. I would have dragged these cats down. While we’re on the music front, I will linger just a little bit longer. Wristrocket reminded me how fortunate I would have been to grow up in the 60ies. Unfortunately I did miss that calling by just a year or so, but I remain forever in awe of classic rock. Regardless of my decade of birth it will always rule my music roost, as will this band! I thought I was hallucinating when I saw a, brace yourself, CUP CAKE TRUCK (Kara’s)! Someone revived me with wine and I came to realize it was not a mirage, the folks at CHEERS! brought me the only other thing that could make me holler almost as much as wine – sweet bakery treats (cupcake love better than true love?), right to my hot little hands – street side no less. The food options where kicked up big time. Not just street meat anymore folks, everything from steak sandwiches, tex mex, fancy Italian sodas, pizza, meatballs, pulled pork and much, much more. The Terraces 2007 Napa Valley Zinfandel was on the top of my list wine-wise. A sweet tart essence that made me pucker and then retreat as I slurped in the suble richness of this vino. Then my lips pushed themselves down to my glass for more of that goodness. A cherry crevasse that I never wanted to climb out of. Parallel’s 2006 Estate Cab was a phenom in my wine notebook. This stallion of a wine had winter legs, hefty and beefy too, with more of that smashed up cherry sensation that I love so much. And last but not least, each and every CHEERS! I have had the good fortune of pulling my wine glass up to receive the consistently stellar Petite Syrah that is brought to me (and you) by the good folks at David Fulton Winery. This wine is all swank, all the time. Deep, rich, succulent. After drinking it I find myself thinking and saying “whoosh” as it flies oh, so heavenly down my wine tube. Fantabulous! So go on my wine-horts. Get out there, and start slurping and gobbling up some of these tasty delights that are right in your own backyard, if your lucky enough to live in the Napa Valley - if not drive or fly here, yes, it is that good. Thanks CHEERS! you can be my BF any hour of any day of the week. You always lift me up and never bring me down (except when you board up your social for winter :0( ) Thanks! Wacky WineSense Rating: 5 Grapes!

No comments:

Post a Comment