Wacky Words of WineSense

Interested in a review, got a comment or question? EMAIL Us!

Sip, pour, get me some more.

Learn more about Ms. WackSense (Christina Julian) at christinajulian.com

Brown (Estate) my new favorite wine color

I had the fortunate luck of stumbling into the folks and the fine wines of the family owned and operated Brown Estate at Acme Wines Friday tasting. While Zin is my middle name and the future name of my would-be-dogs and children, not all Zins are created equal nor are Chardonnays and crazy concoctions called Chaos Theory (a 60/40 cab/zin blend). While I typically scoff at those that criticize me for conjuring up chaos in my life, in this instance I take that tag as a compliment. The name of this vino (Chaos Theory) lives up to its reputation – a chaotic explosion of rich and heavy fruit, along with floral and cappuccino tendencies, with god knows what else, all colliding in my mouth, a place that I wanted to spend the rest of my night in. While this wine was paws down my favorite, I came back for seconds, thirds, forths, yada, yada for the lot of them. The 2007 Zin (Chilies Valley) was a lively jammy-bold fruity concoction. The Chard was the type I can get behind, more pineapple fruitiness than tangy grapefruit, with scant traces of oak and butterscotch – I wanted to pour it over my hand and suck it for desert (and remember I’m not a fan of whites). And as if all of this goodness wasn’t enough they spoke to my rambunctious side with the little ditty called “Arrested” Zin (code name for desert style wine). This speaks to those that like their sweet wine not so sweet – it was rich without being overpowering. I attempted to sip this for the rest of the night but the tasting sadly had come to a close, and I was forced (not really) to vacate the premises until next Friday. I had visions of sweet wine sugar plums dancing in my head well into the thick of the night. Wacky WineSense Rating: 4.75 Grapes!

No comments:

Post a Comment