Wacky Words of WineSense

Interested in a review, got a comment or question? EMAIL Us!

Sip, pour, get me some more.

Learn more about Ms. WackSense (Christina Julian) at christinajulian.com

AUGUST CHEERS! – standouts of the night – so many to count!

All I can say is to give those chaps behind CHEERS! St. Helena a raise! Good clean small town fun is hard to find, and even harder to rely on, but month after month CHEERS! has delivered a bang up time and then some. With only 2 more socials left for the season (the doors close in Oct.) I challenge us town-folks to ban together and instigate a riot. The point? To inspire the gang at CHEERS! to rustle up a new social incarnation to transport us through the stone-cold nights (ok how cold can it really get here?) of wineward winter. Who’s with me on the crusade? But back to some of the showstoppers of the night. So many wines grappling for attention and more than a handful got mine. Here is the run down on wines that I was more than happy to slurp. Faust's Cab, in one word – sinful. In a few words, ruby red rich berry goodness. Petite Syrah – how I love these, Raymond's won my heart. I’m not sure about you but I tasted deep smooth black currant goodness as I slid it down my wine tube. I love when a white wine sidles up to me and knocks me off my red wine high horse. Joseph Phelps’s Sauvignon Blanc did the trick. Beautiful pineapple explosion! Chappellet’s Merlot turned my blushing cheeks in their direction. It was light and beefy (if wine can be such things), quite a pairing in one smooth slurp. And not to leave out the price busting find of the night in the quirky Quixote’s petite syrah. Dry, kicking, tasty and downright spunky – despite a night spent power-tasting, it brought my taste buds back to life and the affordable price is downright delightful. And since CHEERS! has much more to offer than just wine the tunes of the night are worth a mention, especially Taylor Brown and his sway-worthy acoustic sounds. I hate to make comparisons but if you hail from the Jack Johnson side of the music house, check this kid out because he gives old Jack-O a run for his strumm’in money. I can't be certain but that guy next to Taylor looked a lot like Doug Strewblow from the CHEERS! gang, regardless, he’s got some pipes too. And I wanted to raise just one more glass to the folks at Martini House for hosting (unofficially) the post social after-party, not sure how many people is reasonable to squeeze into that tight little bar space, but the crowd was beyond CHEER-ful. Wacky WineSense Rating: 5 Grapes!

No comments:

Post a Comment