Wacky Words of WineSense

Interested in a review, got a comment or question? EMAIL Us!

Sip, pour, get me some more.

Learn more about Ms. WackSense (Christina Julian) at christinajulian.com

Slurpin Sandwiches (Icy ones) before noon!

Summer is officially here, whether the weather chooses to acknowledge its arrival or not! A wise young tween once told me, when the seasons change so does your wardrobe, no if, ands, buts or bad weather about it. I indulged by wearing my most spring-like togs and hot pink shades to the St. Helena’s Farmers market (Fridays 7:30-12). I continued to screw conventional norms, by skipping all the healthy fruity veggie stands and going straight to the sweets. Partying like a tween seemed appropriate since I was dressed like one. One stop off at The Farmers Market Pantry (corrie@thefarmersmarketpantry.com) fed my sugar-frenzied fix. This particular pantry was stuffed with nothing but cookies and ice cream. After sampling one too many offerings (including a pecan-bacon number, bizarrely delectable!) I went for the Big Kahuna and got a made-to-order ice cream sandwich. I dare you to relive your youth by mixing and matching ice cream and cookie concoctions. This delight was sheer summer time bliss with cookies that were lightly crisp on the outside, with a pinch of chewy dough goodness on the inside. I opted for the cappuccino chocolate chunk cookie, which was laced with gabobs of dark chocolate chunks and espresso. The vanilla bean ice cream ensconced within only made this treat all the sweeter. Some classics are worth their status of ‘simplicity is swell’. Despite being served in the great outdoors, owner/head scooper, Corrie, delivered like only a good ice cream man/woman can, with cream that was as firm as it was tasty. I reached my sugartime coma before high noon. What a way to start the day! You can catch a cookie of your own weekly at the St. Helena Farmers Market (7:30-12PM on Fridays) or at the Thursday Chef’s Market in Napa. Just don’t be left screamin for this dreamy, creamy sensation. Wacky WineSense Rating: 4.5 Grapes!

No comments:

Post a Comment