Wacky Words of WineSense

Interested in a review, got a comment or question? EMAIL Us!

Sip, pour, get me some more.

Learn more about Ms. WackSense (Christina Julian) at christinajulian.com

A Toolbox Worth Its Weight in Wine!

I’m not usually one to get too hung up on gender issues, but when my kind, femalekind, does noteworthy things that do not involve nail polish or high heels I think it’s worth recognizing. My latest diddy, Tool Box Wine Co, is having an on-going ‘coming out’ party at the Gustavo Thrace tasting haunt in downtown Napa. Since I am all about low to no-pretense tasting spots, this one hits the mark all over the place. You can’t help but to frolic balls out all over the place as you sip your wine. If you’re the playful sort this could include engaging in rounds of pinball and darts as you swill your wine and peruse “Bottle Shock” movie memorabilia (whereby Gustavo Brambila was immortalized beyond just his wine). I had a hard time finding a reason to leave this delightful perch. The tasting room peeps are as friendly as you’d expect, except most tasting rooms aren’t that friendly anymore so they defy the norm by being an overly jovial bunch. You’ve got a broad spectrum of wines to wet your whistle, choosing from the Gustavo/Thrace label or the Tool Box collection. I will spend time on the latter, starting with the catch phrase behind this new wine label, using their words, not mine. “Three Napa Valley girlfriends got together to raise a glass, celebrate life & share the importance of a good screw to hold things together.” Their catchphrase, the wine, and the vibe of the tasting room make me smile, as I suspect it will do the same for you. They also understand that financial times are tough these days so every single bottle of Tool Box wine is a mere, are you ready? 14 beans a bottle! And they taste dandy too. The Sauvignon Blanc was crisp, light, and loose, like the ladies behind the wine (kidding, totally kidding). The Cabernet was bouncy. Or maybe that was the pinball, who knows I sucked it down regardless, with great pleasure. So I have to bounce myself (yes I am over the age of 15 and I did just say that, I'm giddy and proud to wear the shoes), but do yourself a favor and make a pit stop at this tasting room for a rollicking good time. Wacky WineSense Rating: 4.5 Grapes!

No comments:

Post a Comment