Wacky Words of WineSense

Interested in a review, got a comment or question? EMAIL Us!

Sip, pour, get me some more.

Learn more about Ms. WackSense (Christina Julian) at christinajulian.com

Skipping for Skewis

I will digress again to a county other than our own, because as I mentioned in last week’s post, there are many scrumptious wines over the hill that are worthy of your attention, not to mention the killer views that are bursting all over the place, equally rivaling our own. If you’ve been following me all these months since my arrival to Napa last summer, you know that I have never hopped aboard the Pinot-by-way-of-Sideways-the-movie bandwagon, even though I thoroughly enjoyed the movie (don’t kill me townie locals!). In my droves of postings I have only written about a pinot one other time, than today. Reason being, pinots never seem to make my palate percolate, but like a diligent pupil I keep on trying. I have a very simple pinot litmus test. Upon slurping, does the pinot remind my of the cough syrups of my youth. If so, I drink no further. This is another example of my low brow approach to wine, but it works for me. Usually, every swig of pinot garners my “icky” face and I move happily onto Cabernet or Petite Syrah. But the friendly folks at Skewis, who were pouring at Acme Fine Wines caused my lips not to curl, and instead dance with delight. Striking news! Not one of their pinots caused the “icky” face (yay!). Instead, I cornered a new look, my tickled pinot face. My favorite was the Peters Vineyard. It was light and zingy on my tongue with a rich and fruity finish. Despite all the plum and blueberry tendencies bashing around in my mouth (super yum) this baby was nothing but smooth sliding down my wine tube. Get your fix quick because this is small lot production stuff. Wacky WineSense Rating: 4.4 Grapes!

No comments:

Post a Comment