Wacky Words of WineSense

Interested in a review, got a comment or question? EMAIL Us!

Sip, pour, get me some more.

Learn more about Ms. WackSense (Christina Julian) at christinajulian.com

Pineapples Are Flying Like Pigs - But Tasting Dreamy

Admittedly when I decided to visit the famous Tedeschi Vineyard, otherwise known as Maui's winery, I was wary, and downright snotty. I expected to be grossed out by cheap, overly sweet pineapple wine. I was expecting something along the quality lines of my Mad Dog wine era in college. I was caught with my bikini down, and quite pleasantly surprised to suck down the Hula O' Maui Sparkling wine. The hula girl on the bottle just confirmed it would be nothing more than wine fluff stuff. I had to slurp down more wine just to be certain, then I had to eat my words because the bubbly was downright delish. Light, tingly, refreshing, not too dry, not too sweet with the ever-so-slight essence of pineapple. I have to ask myself why we can be so judgemental (ok me!) about wines from other parts of the globe. Writing them off as nothing more than frilly counterparts. Thankfully this wine woke up my tastebuds and opened up my mind to a world of wine beyond our own Napa Valley. The Mele Syrah was not too shabby either. It woke up my dozy island tongue on an early morning wine call right before I hiked up Maui's famed crater. Both were spellbinding in their own way. So if you happen to find yourself traveling, or you feel like letting your fingers do some walking to the web, check out the Hula Sparkling wine. It'll change your mind about wines that are mined from prickly fruits that have been relegated to Pina Coladas, which in case your wondering, are also quite dandy here, along with the honus (Hawaiian Sea Turtle). Wacky WineSense Rating: 4.3 Pineapple Grapes!

No comments:

Post a Comment