Wacky Words of WineSense

Interested in a review, got a comment or question? EMAIL Us!

Sip, pour, get me some more.

Learn more about Ms. WackSense (Christina Julian) at christinajulian.com

Riding the Rubicon Wave

While the winery name has long since changed (from Niebaum-Coppola) and Godfather memorabilia has vacated the premises, one thing hasn’t changed – the wine. Still good, reliable, tasty pours to be had at Rubicon Estate. And while I was as sad as anyone to see all signs of Francis leave the building, his legacy of winemaking still lingers large. Just don’t come here looking for signs of Hollywood because they have all but been relocated to a more Northern zip code at the Francis Ford Coppola Winery. But fear not wine-horts. The grounds are still gorgeous if not more sparse than you might remember, and a lot of the rubber neckers that use to linger large on the property hoping to get a glimpse of the filmmaking icon have stopped lurking, leaving a more serene experience behind. But onto the vino, there are many to mention but I am going to focus on one of my favorites – the 2006 Cab Franc. For some reason just typing its name makes me all heady and tingly. Old world charm, new school buzz. That’s what came to mind as I sucked this savory delight down. A fruity plush cherry-berry mouthful with a bang. And I would be remise to not mention the hint of spice that bounced off the walls of my wine goblet, all of which caused me to remember one too many nights of sucking down fine red wine during my Godfather 1,2,3 day/night long showings. Some memories are hard to forget and maybe that’s how it’s meant to be. So enjoy this wine amidst the comfort of your own home and boob tube or any which way you like it. Wacky WineSense Rating: 4.7 Grapes!

No comments:

Post a Comment