Wacky Words of WineSense

Interested in a review, got a comment or question? EMAIL Us!

Sip, pour, get me some more.

Learn more about Ms. WackSense (Christina Julian) at christinajulian.com

CHASE-ing - no stalking Chase Cellar's Petite Syrah

In everyday life, it is never good to be female and stalker-ish. I’ve decided, in the wine world this is not a bad thing, at least in the eyes of the proprietors. I am no stranger to touting Chase wines. I’m downright smitten with these people (Pam Simpson & Jeff Blaum – the dynamic bro/sis duo) and their wine. You may know these peeps for their succulent and slurp worthy Zin, and believe me I can’t ever seem to get enough of those droplets of wine gold, but I thought I would take a moment to blow my wind up a new wine goblet. My stalk-worthy victim - the 2005 Petite Syrah. The night after I tasted this beast, spicy and sweet wine plums danced in my head all night long, and it ain’t even Xmas yet. This vino delivers a bursting punch of dark cherry if you ask me. It is smooth, substantive and a surefire delight on a wet rainy day, a hot and spicy night, or actually any damn day of the year. I typically don’t like to curse but some wines delight me to such a degree I am inclined to spew obscenities that would make my dad proud. So sorry Chase, I will now and forever be one of your most diligent stalkers. Sorry, but the wine is just that good. So rain or shine get your arse out of bed and slide on over to Chase. If you’re lucky you might just catch Jeff and Pam puttering around the property and tasting room. Not only do they make bang up wines but they frequently throw grape-busting parties (JulyFest, Harvest, Summer BBQs). It is the vineyard that keeps on giving long after you down that bottle of wine you just bought. Wacky WineSense Rating: 4.8 Grapes!

No comments:

Post a Comment